Mr. Barrick's Classroom EXPECTATIONS
Beginning of Class:
1. Upon arrival, pick up the paper (if applicable) from the supply table.
2. Check the screen AS SOON as you walk into class. If there is a warm-up on the board, you will be given 5 minutes from the time the bell rings to complete this. Otherwise, follow any instructions on the board, it's there for a reason.
3. Please wait until class starts to ask any questions over the warm-up. Most of the time, I will work out the problems assigned and questions will be answered at that time.
4. If you have questions about grades, make-up work, re-tests, and labs, please make an effort to come see me before or after school. E-mail is also a great way to have questions answered.
Direct Instruction (teacher lecturing):
1. DO NOT get out of your seat while I am teaching for any reason (i.e. throwing away trash, or sharpening a pencil).
2. DO NOT ask to go to the restroom.
3. DO NOT try to talk over me while I am giving instructions.
4. Side conversations should not be occurring.
5. Raise your hand if you have any questions.
6. Cell phones, electronics, homework from other classes, and books should be put away during this time.
Group/Outdoor Activities/Lab Work:
1. All safety rules are to be followed during an Outdoor activity or Lab. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. All group members should be participating in this activity.
3. If you have a question, ask a classmate UNTIL I can assist you. Someone in the room knows the answer to your question (other than me).
End of Class:
1. All supplies should be put up at the end of the period.
2. No books should be left out and all composition notebooks should be put back on the correct shelf.
3. After all supplies have been put away, you MUST stay in your seat until I release you (Not the bell).
Additional Comments and Expectations:
1. No food or drink are allowed in the classroom.
2. A re-test is always optional. You must re-test in the allotted time either before or after school.