- Teacher's Schedule:
1st period - Athletics
2nd period - Conference/Planning
3rd period - Writing
4th period - Reading
5th period - Writing
6th period - Writing
7th period - Writing
8th period - Reading
- First Nine Weeks
First Nine Weeks
Skills- Creating interesting leads in a personal narrative.
Focusing the topic of a personal narrative.
Adding Imagery to a personal narrative.
Concluding a personal narrative.
Skills- Combining Sentences using participial phrases, compound and complex sentences
Pronoun and antecedent agreement
- 2nd Nine Weeks
2nd Nine Weeks
Texts- Fiction, Poetry, Drama, Expository
- How to use a Thesaurus in order to replace overused words.
- What the difference between a synonym and antonym is.
- How the parts of speech help when determining the meaning of a word.
Figurative Language including simile, metaphor, and personification
Tone vs. Mood
Elements of Poetry
Expository organizational patterns
Skills- Developing ideas in an Expository Essay.
How to write a thesis statement.
How to write a topic sentence with supporting details.
The structure and organization of an expository essay.
- Different ways to begin a sentence including compound and complex sentences, participial phrases, and prepositional phrases
- How to add vivid images and figurative language into writing
- How to use transition words when moving from different ideas.
- Quarter 3
- Quarter 4